Promontory Financial Group, an IBM Company, is the premier consulting firm for financial services companies worldwide. Promontory Financial Group excels at helping clients resolve critical issues, particularly those with a regulatory dimension. Promontory professionals have unparalleled regulatory experience and insight, and provide our clients with frank, proactive advice informed by best practices and regulatory expectations.
We are looking for an Associate, to join our team and play a role in engagements across the breadth of the services we offer.
As a member of the Promontory Australasia team at IBM you will contribute to the firm's global efforts to provide clients with solutions to challenging strategic, risk management, and regulatory compliance issues.
Our client base in Australia includes Australia’s largest financial institutions and clients drawn from the public sector. Our growing team of specialists offers Regulatory Liaison Advisory, Remediation, Compliance and Risk Management Advisory and Regulatory Framework Advisory services across Prudential, Conduct and AML/CTF Regulation.
You will work closely with senior members of the Promontory team and, applying your regulatory and industry knowledge and experience, work on projects ensuring project deliverables meet the high standards our clients have grown to expect. You will work as an integral part of the project team on a day-to-day basis, analysing complex problems, developing recommendations to address client issues and drafting reports and other deliverables.
What are the responsibilities of the role?
- Contributing to projects on a day-to-day basis to ensure delivery to schedule and budget.
- Assisting the senior engagement staff member in managing client interactions, day-to-day activities, and prioritisation of project tasks.
- Working autonomously, undertaking analysis as directed and taking responsibility for the preparation of project deliverables, including reports and presentations.
What skills will be needed?
- Strong analytical skills.
- Strong oral skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate clearly, simply and logically.
- Strong written communication skills with, the ability to construct well-founded, clear, and concise analyses and recommendations.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Sound understanding of the regulations which apply to our client base.
- Some understanding of the businesses in which our clients operate.
- Ability to work effectively as a member of the engagement team on day-to-day aspects of engagement activities and an ability to work with clients.
- Developing ability to handle complex information, solve problems, and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to work closely with, and communicate effectively with, clients and within all levels of the organisation.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Strong commitment to integrity and ethics.
What professional and technical experience will I need?
- An undergraduate degree in either Accounting, Commerce, Finance, or Law - with postgraduate qualifications highly regarded.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in financial services, consulting, Regulator, compliance, risk management, governance or legal.
- Demonstrated experience in building and managing project teams to address complex issues in high pressure situations.
- Track record working in a fast-paced and unstructured environment.