At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
IBM Global Business Services (GBS) is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants enabling enterprises to make smarter decisions and providing unparalleled client and consumer experiences in cognitive, data analytics, cloud technology and mobile app development.
With global reach, outcome-focused methodologies and deep industry expertise, IBM GBS empowers clients to digitally reinvent their business and get the competitive edge in the cognitive era in over 170 countries.
As a Lead Client Partner you are the overall client relationship lead and have responsibility for the sales, revenue, margin and client satisfaction for IBM Services delivered to your client.
You will use your consulting skills, analytical expertise, and business knowledge to determine business objectives, and develop solutions to help deliver client value.
What will I be doing?
As the Lead Client Partner you will be responsible for the identification, development, and marketing of highly complex information technology and business process solutions to senior client executives, which include the C-suite, their direct reports or evaluation committees.
You will have an in-depth understanding of the client’s business, goals, strategies and industry trends and directions.
You will lead large, multi-disciplined teams, and integrate products and services required to meet business needs.
You will be responsible for overseeing multiple opportunities and in-flight engagements and have assigned sales revenue, expense, and client satisfaction targets for the client you are responsible for and the industry you support.
What skills will I need?
- Master and apply expert knowledge of the client’s business, strategies and goals within the industry.
- In-depth knowledge of the client’s major IT architectures, systems, information flows, applications and their links to customers and suppliers.
- Teamwork at highest levels.
- Able to lead large, very complex engagement teams responsible for the development of deliverables, such as client proposal and presentations.
- Ability to anticipate future client problems in industry and information technology trends and develop realistic visions and strategies based on risk management plans.
- Able to develop and implement market strategy and plan to target key clients within the industry.
- Able to advise executive team to position long-term strategic issues and solutions
What experience will I need?
- Should have 10+ years of IT business development experience
- Track record of developing a pipeline, managing advisor relationships and curating sole source deals
- Proven history of having managed and led large deals from end to end
- Recognised as an expert and leader in the formation of strategic relationships with client to develop long-term business solutions that provide client competitive advantage.
- Ability to work in a matrix organisation
- Must have self-drive to lead initiatives and multitask
- Permanent residency to live and work in Australia
As an Associate Partner you will be expected to develop and lead a portfolio of business at your client with annual results as follows:
- Sales: $USD $10-15m
- Revenue: $USD $ 7-10m
As an Associate Partner you will be expected to personally contribute to the above results through:
- Sales: $USD $5-7m
- Revenue: $USD $4-5m
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.