Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
As the Associate Engineer for Environmental Projects stationed in Asia, you’ll have the opportunity to work on exciting projects internationally. You’ll participate in a variety of office and select fieldwork tasks related to planning, evaluating, and implementing environmental investigation and remediation projects.
You’ll apply your technical experience in the design and operation of environmental remedial systems with the support of our global remedial technology team. Your analytical and writing skills will be called upon as you evaluate site characterization data, assess remedial alternatives, and prepare work plans, reports, and design documents.
You’ll learn from other experienced staff who are ready to mentor you, and you’ll pass your knowledge on to others. You’ll be juggling multiple tasks, so we’ll rely on you to prioritize effectively, keeping the bigpicture in mind. Safety will be your priority, as you contribute to “incident free” operations and maintain the highest standards of Health & Safety in everything you do.
At Jacobs, we’re partnering across the globe to create the best project outcomes by maximizing the design, digital technology, and support capabilities of our Global Integrated Delivery (GID) teammates. By joining Jacobs, you’ll commit to supporting and engaging with these teams, as we work to build a company like no other.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities.
- Coordinates workload and implementation with Jacobs teams globally.
- Possess the competency as a technical contributor in environmental investigations and remediation projects.
- Works as an advisor or reviewer for work from other disciplines that may be required for the planning, evaluating, and implementing environmental investigation and remediation projects.
- Coordination with technical and project management teams
- Review of work (QA/QC)
- Contributes to actual work delivery
- Can work in a dynamic team environment with scientists, planners, engineers, and technologists.
- Role will require working with teams in time zones different from Asia. Expect flexible working hours.
- Role will likely have mentoring and staff supervision expectations in the longer-term
Here’s What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental, Civil, Chemical, or Geotechnical Engineering or other closely related engineering field with 5+ years’ experience.
- Engineering license or equivalent
- Experience related to planning, design, construction, and operation of environmental remedial systems
- Knowledge and experience with various media (e.g., soil, soil vapor, groundwater, surface water and sediment) investigations, data assessments/evaluations, and remediation technologies
- Strong writing and communication skills
- 40-hr HAZWOPER certification or the ability to attain this certification
- Experience in environmental field sampling, chemistry, analytical data validation, groundwater modeling, and/or data analysis is a plus.