Citi is more than a global financial services company. It’s an engine for progress. Join us, and you’ll have the chance to get involved in progress in all its shapes and forms, right across the world. From the micro to the macro, from Australia to Zambia, the work we do has real positive impact. Wherever you are and whatever you do, progress starts here.
We’ve built a world famous, trusted brand over 200 years of continuously evolving financial services. And today, our influence continues to grow: with financial operations in 160 countries and 100 currencies. We have 200 million different clients, including some of the biggest names in the industries, sectors, businesses and governments that we serve every day. It all adds up to an exciting place to be for talented, ambitious people who want to build a truly remarkable career.
The Asset Servicing Manager provides full leadership and supervisory responsibility. Provides operational/service leadership and direction to team(s). Applies in-depth disciplinary knowledge through provision of value-added perspectives or advisory services. May contribute to the development of new techniques, models and plans within area of expertise. Strong communication and diplomacy skills are required. Generally has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness of end results and shared responsibility for planning and budgets. Work affects an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Full supervisory responsibility, ensuring motivation and development of team through professional leadership to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations as well as direction of daily tasks and responsibilities.
- This role will manage reconciling and processing positions related to Corporate Action events
- These activities include revisions of communications, notifications and facilitating postings for Corporate Action or Proxy events
- Identifies, summarizes and accurately captures all incoming instructions pertaining to Corporate Action and proxy events
- Notifies clients of Corporate Action and Proxy events received from vendor sources
- Liaise with clients on Corporate Action events to solicit instructions
- Reconciles, organizes and distributes all transactions relating to corporate actions, and ensures actions are processed effectively and within established standards in the markets
- Provides support to all operational processes within the unit to ensure timely and accurate execution of client instructions meeting agent, depository and counter-party deadlines
- Liaise with Depositories, Agents, Trustees and Issuers in each market to obtain requested clarification/detail understanding of complex Corp Action events and processing details/requirements
- Manages, tracks and mitigates risk incoming client responses, customer funding, claims processing, payment allocation and corporate action processing
- Prepares weekly/ monthly metrics on department’s performance including detailed analysis of any processing, system/industry issues or enhancements. Performs causal analysis on processes to continuously identify gaps, improvements/system enhancements
- Monitors MIS reporting relating to corporate actions, processing accuracy, timeliness, and, completeness
- Acts as the initial point of escalation for problem resolution
- Assists management in system enhancement functions, provides feedback on Business Requirement Documents, and participates in user acceptance testing as needed
- Develops and maintains processing procedures and oversee the execution of controls required throughout the life cycle of voluntary events
- Prepare sand participate in department client presentations
- Provides input on performance of staff to management and other duties as assigned
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- Intermediate to senior level experience in a related role with commensurate
- 5-8 years of experience
- 1-2 years people management experience
- Bachelor’s/University degree or equivalent experience
Citi Return To Work Programme Welcomes You If You Have:
- Taken a career break of 6 months or more*
- A degree or higher educational qualifications
- Relevant working experience
- Those currently working are also welcomed to apply
**When you are being redirected to Citibank career site, please make sure to choose “Halfthesky” under “Job Boards” when you fill in “How Did You Hear About Us?*” field, so we can follow up on your application directly with the Recruiter who’s responsible for the role.