Our bodies and environment all depend on water, it is the building block that supports all life. Water issues are becoming increasingly prominent as we struggle with disparity between water availability and demands, water pollution, and competition for limited water resources. At Jacobs, we recognize these challenges and our engineers, scientists, and planners are working together with clients to find the right solutions to their water challenges.
As one of The Best Employers in Singapore 2022, we would like to welcome you to join our Water business as an Assistant Resident Engineer (ARE) Instrument Control Automation to be part of the major water treatment project in Tuas, Singapore.
The position will participate in the engineering / technical review process and also oversee ICA field supervision/inspection and quality control and assurance matters for the construction of the respective facilities in the contracts under their care on the project using their experience and knowledge in the construction, inspection and quality assurance of ICA elements. They will work across all the related project contracts under the CM team they are assigned to. They will supervise the contractors and maintain consistency across all the contracts and ensure that the quality of all ICA works is in compliance with the specifications and applicable codes and regulations.
The ARE will work closely with the RE (ICA), Lead RE (ICA), and Engineering Manager to communicate with the Client PUB and with 3rd Parties as required.
- Work under the direction of Control Systems Specialist (CSS) / Construction Manager, and closely coordinate with Resident Engineering team members, including RE / RTO for CSA and M&E disciplines.
- Review and understand scope, BIM, specifications, and drawings for all civil and structural works.
- Understand and follow plans, procedures, workflows, systems, and tools for the supervision of TWRP.
- Work with the BIM model for the ICA works.
- Working closely with the Lead RE / RE ICA, comply with the forms and procedures for ICA function.
- Under the direction of the CSS / RE ICA, carry out technical & engineering reviews of contractors submissions, providing review comments and ensuring contractor’s submissions are in line with specification requirements.
- Provide support in cost estimation for variation works, and participating in change management processes
- Ensure consistency of inspections and quality control and assurance tasks across all contracts under the facility through various means including:
- audit and discussions with fellow REs, RTOs and CM.
- sharing of lessons learned among the REs / RTOs.
- Review of selected contractor method statements, inspection and test plans, inspection forms and other documents
- Enforce specifications and codes of practice.
- Stay up to date with the ICA works progress and upcoming works through various means such as review of contractor works notices, WhatsApp group(s) and communications with the Resident Engineers.
- Ensure inspection documentation fully complies with local authorities’ and project requirements.
- Keep RE / Lead RE / Engineering Manager informed of all significant quality issues and concerns.
- Maintain a register of all construction quality issues for ICA. Monitor these to verify issues rectified and/or closed out.
- Ensure the adequacy of engineering, inspection, and testing functions for all contracts.
- Monitor special inspection and testing requirements for ICA and ensure coordination of these efforts across all contracts.
- Ensure the contractors’ documentation of their works meet the required project standards.
- Keep and maintain updated site record to ensure records are up to date and in good order.
- Attendance in meetings and discussions with Client and contractors on ICA quality matters.
- Monitor the works of the Contractors for works designed and supervised by the Contractors including receipt and review of required forms from the contractors.
- Keep abreast of Contractors’ progress and performance and provide recommendation for improvements when a gap is identified.
- Carry out keeping and maintenance of site records and carry out periodical checks of site records to ensure records are up to date and in good order.
- Keep abreast of monthly Work Progress Reports
- When requested, provide an independent assessment of the certification of the value of work completed and recommendation of progress payments to be made to Contractor
- Ensure that the use of compatible materials and equipment is well coordinated.
- Attendance in meetings, discussions with clients, contractors and leading in technical discussions
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you must possess:
- Diploma or Degree in ICA / Electronics Engineering, with a minimum of 5 years of experience
- Basic understanding of ICA design and of experience in the design and implementation of ICA works
Jacobs. A world where you can.