Our bodies and environment all depend on water, it is the building block that supports all life. Water issues are becoming increasingly prominent as we struggle with disparity between water availability and demands, water pollution, and competition for limited water resources. At Jacobs, we recognize these challenges and our engineers, scientists, and planners are working together with clients to find the right solutions to their water challenges.
Our Water team would like to welcome an Assistant Resident Engineer (ARE) to be initially based in the Tuas Water Reclamation Plant project, where subsequently will take greater responsibilities in the future.
The ARE Civil works under the LRE Civil and oversees civil, structural, and architectural (CSA) works for the construction of the assigned facility within TWRP. They will work across all TWRP contracts assigned to the facility, to monitor, support and guide the implementation of all CSA works by the Contractors including both Contractor designed elements as well as the procurement, installation, testing of the CSA works. They will with the Resident Technical Officers (RTO) within the Construction Manager led teams responsible for specific TWRP contracts within the facility to maintain consistency across all the contracts in that facility and ensure that all works are in compliance with the specifications and applicable codes and regulations. The ARE Civil will be part of a larger team of REs and RTOs with an indirect reporting line to the Lead RE Civil for the facility and Chief Resident Engineer working across all TWRP contracts.
The ARE will work closely with the Resident Engineers, Chief Resident Engineer, Engineering Manager in Jacobs, the Client PUB and with 3rd Parties and be able to effectively communicate and coordinate with all the parties. The ARE will work closely with all other resident engineering teams, especially the resident Mechanical, ICA, and process teams on all coordination matters
- Under general supervision of a Project / Construction Manager, Lead RE and Chief Resident Engineer, evaluates, selects, and applies standard engineering and construction management and supervision techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Under general supervision of a Project Manager /Construction Manager, and Lead RE, carry out general contract administration and management
- Work closely with the Resident Technical Officer(s) (RTO) assigned to the project.
- With additional experience within one area, the individual is expected to assist in the design of larger and more complex assignments
- Provides leadership and accountability for the implementation, and measurable performance, of the Jacobs Beyond Health and Safety Program.
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall possess:
- Bachelor in Engineering (Civil / Structural) – from an approved university (under BCA’s list of the accepted universities for RE registration), with the ability to get accredited as a Resident Engineer
- Min 1 year of relevant construction experience.
- Proficient in MS Office Suites
We are supportive of the applications to be a Professional Engineer (PE).
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.