Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our bodies and environment all depend on water, it is the building block that supports all life. Water issues are becoming increasingly prominent as we struggle with disparity between water availability and demands, water pollution, and competition for limited water resources. At Jacobs, we recognize these challenges and our engineers, scientists, and planners are working together with clients to find the right solutions to their water challenges.
We would like to welcome you to join us as an Assistant Engineer/ Project Coordinator to help Singapore’s public water utility coordinate the diversion and replacement of water pipes. These diversion projects are typically done in support of infrastructure or housing development projects. The aim of the role is to facilitate the provision of safe and reliable drinking water to customers whilst minimizing service interruptions. The successful candidate will develop a good understanding of water distribution networks.
- Act as The Client’s representative to coordinate and ensure water mains diversion works are carried out in accordance with specifications
- Monitor progress of work across multiple sites, including using remote inspection and digital technologies such as video calls, Whatsapp
- Arrange and undertake physical inspections with the contractor for events such as pressure testing and water quality sampling
- Assist the Client with network shutdown plans
- Facilitate linkup works – connection of new pipes to commissioned pipes
- Prepare daily reports and take photographic records of works undertaken by contractors
- Ensure contractors’ payment to The Client
Working hours/ conditions:
- 44 hours per week, typically 5.5 days with occasionally night or weekend works during linkups which will be compensated with time-off in lieu.
- A flexible, hybrid work from home (WFH) and site supervision role
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you shall posses:
- Minimum Diploma, NITEC certificate in Civil, Mechanical, Environmental Engineering or Construction Management.
- Other relevant construction/facilities management qualifications, training or experience will be an added advantage
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills and acquire knowledge within the water industry
- Ability to coordinate, communicate and manage project stakeholders
- Microsoft Office suites
- Ability to interpret construction drawings and details
- Willingness to travel and undertake supervision work at various sites
- An understanding of pipework would be an added advantage
- A Singapore working rights
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too –from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.