Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the “why” of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we’re integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
Our bodies and environment all depend on water, it is the building block that supports all life. Water issues are becoming increasingly prominent as we struggle with the disparity between water availability and demands, water pollution, and competition for limited water resources. At Jacobs, we recognize these challenges ,and our engineers, scientists, and planners are working together with clients to find the right solutions to their water challenges.
Our Water business is currently seeking an Assistant BIM Coordinator to be part of the major water treatment plant project in Tuas, Singapore.
This is a site-based role ideal for an ambitious and proactive junior engineer (Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Process or Automation disciplines) with basic knowledge of engineering design software or an early career BIM specialist keen to expand their knowledge and progress their career in Digital Engineering. An excellent technical support structure and career progression await the successful candidate. This role will report to the Project BIM Manager and Construction Manager. Tasks include but are not limited to the following:
- Discharge responsibilities as part of a wider TWRP BIM team to ensure both Jacobs and main contractors meet the BIM requirements of the project such as reporting on current BIM and drawing submission status to the team and follow up on any actions.
- Ensure the suitable level of proficiency with design software to support site-based engineering teams review designs and resolve engineering challenges using the tools as well do clash detection.
- Review Contractor’s submissions (BIM files) to ensure it is in accordance with the contract requirements and instructions.
- Produce design outputs using designated software to enable both engineering teams as well as construction management teams issue the necessary instructions to stakeholders (e.g., sketch modeling)
Here’s What You’ll Need:
To be a successful candidate, you must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in Engineering. Working experience in process plant and/or wastewater treatment projects will be an added advantage
- Relevant experience in multi-disciplinary projects using 3D models
- Experience in reviewing contractor submissions in Singapore
- Exposure to BIM modeling software such as Bentley, Autodesk or similar suite of software. Knowledge in Bentley AECOsim/Open Buildings/Open Plant software will be an advantage.
Only candidates who are currently residing in Singapore will be considered.
Jacobs. A world where you can.
From our inclusive employee networks, to our positive mental health champions – we’re committed to driving a culture of caring where you can be you. Joining Jacobs not only connects you locally but globally – and together, our diverse perspectives and unique backgrounds power our collective strength. We collaborate and share! By supporting one another, we all succeed.
With safety and flexibility always top of mind, we’ve gone beyond traditional ways of working so you have the support, means and space to maximise your potential. You’ll uncover flexible working arrangements, benefits and opportunities to do good too – from participating in our global giving and volunteering program, to exploring new and inventive ways to help our clients make the world a better place. No matter what drives you, you’ll discover how you can cultivate, nurture and achieve your goals – all at a single global company.
Jacobs complies with the Tripartite Guidelines on Fair Employment Practices (TGFEP), including the prevailing guidelines on recruitment. All qualified applicants will be considered for the position regardless of age, race, religion, language, nationality, marital status, or family responsibilities.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $13 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 55,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.