- Conduct Product Development work that is consistent with DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences’ business objectives.
- Provide technical support to sales and operations staff as required to meet the DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences’ business objectives.
- Conduct and undertake laboratory trials, primarily on formulated Bakery related applications, such as Breads, Cakes etc.
- Safe and Hygienic operations of all Bakery Plant and processing equipment.
- Ensure good maintenance and cleanliness of all laboratory equipment and laboratory area.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the entire Bakery Laboratory area at all times.
- Maintain a good stock of raw materials and consumable items at all times.
- Adherence to all company’s policies, rules and regulations and committed to company’s quality and continuous improvement programs such as MS ISO 9001, GMP, HACCP, ISO 14001 and OHSAS 18001, and similar that may be put in its place.
- Any other tasks or projects assigned by the Immediate Manager.
- Degree in Food Science or equivalent
- A developing knowledge of dry compounded food ingredients, including:
- Raw material knowledge
- Product development (incl. Formulation)
- Bakery processing parameters.
- Understanding commercial factors that effect product cost and sell price
Ability and / or a developing competence in the following:
- Conducting R&D projects with minimal supervision
- Initiative and self motivation
- Accuracy and attention to detail
Proactivity, creativity and innovation
- Logical, methodical and analytical thought processes
- Technical problem solving skills
- Planning, time management and organisational skills
- Written and oral communication and influencing skills