We are changing the world and having fun doing it. Through our cutting-edge protein engineering and production expertise with worldwide manufacturing capabilities, we develop and produce enzymes to develop sustainable solutions for the emerging bio-based economy.
As one of the leading science companies in the world, DuPont Nutrition & Biosciences offers an informal, highly creative work setting, in which high team spirit, open communication and environmental responsibility are considered company hallmarks.
- To develop new enzyme solutions for food and ingredient manufacturing, investigate new application areas for our food processing enzymes and provide technical support to customers
- Key objective is to support and grow our food enzyme business in food processing and related industries, which includes enzymes for protein hydrolysis, animal/plant/seafood processing, collagen production, by-product valorization etc.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Design, plan, execute and interpret experiments of processing enzymes to evaluate and optimize enzyme performance from lab- to plant trial scale. Work in close collaboration with Customers, Sales and our Product Management.
- Support Sales and Innovation efforts through analysis of customer samples, lab- and pilot-scale simulations of customer processes, method development and onsite as well as remote technical support and training.
- Develop or assist with development of new products and application literature, including technical documentation, invention disclosures and patents
- Assist in the technical development and documentation of enzyme products throughout the commercialization process: setting the required specifications and characteristics of enzyme products, application performance evaluation, concept development, marketing material generation, commercial scale trialing and post-launch support.
- Manage technical service requests and projects to create the best value for the company and business growth.
- Engaged and skilled scientist with a Master’s degree in BioChemistry, Food Science, Chemical or Bioprocess Engineering or a highly experienced food technologist, who has worked with enzymes and protein hydrolysis for a number of years.
- 3+ years’ experience with enzymes, ideally at pilot-scale and have strong theoretical competencies along with hands on experience from lab or production plants.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, relationship builder with experience in working in a highly dynamic and complex matrix organization.
- Good communication and record keeping skills
- Candidates with experience working with enzymes in manufacturing of food / ingredients are preferred (e.g. protein hydrolysis, meat & fish processing, collagen production and other food co-product processes).