- Lead projects in development of new products or modify existing products, recipes or processes.
- Provide timely technical support and knowledge, in protein, functional systems, texturants, dairy cultures and other ingredient applications, to internal and external customers, with priority based on customer status and the sales value of the enquiry.
- Perform laboratory trials on formulations of various dairy and fresh fermented.
- Regular updating and maintenance of all relevant DuPont Applications Guide, formulations and other Ingredients Databases .
- Commitment to all company’s policies, rules and regulations and DuPont quality and continuous improvement programs such as Minimum Requirement –Quality and Safety Assurance Program
- Attend and contribute to Knowledge Team meetings and various Company local and regional conferences, trade exhibitions and business meetings.
- Responsible for the protection of Dupont customers, and 3rd parties, from harm or injury caused by foodborne hazards associated with the business’s products and processes. This is achieved by maintaining and adhering to a legally recognised Food Safety System that identifies, assesses and controls known food safety hazards.
SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Degree in Food Science or equivalent
- Min 5 year of relevant experience in dairy industry. Previous experience in fresh fermented application will be highly regarded.
- Good knowledge of dry compounded food ingredients, including:
- Raw material knowledge
- Product development (incl. Formulation)
- Dairy and fresh fermented processing parameters.
- Understanding commercial factors that effect product cost and sell price