Aon’s Centers for Innovation and Analytics in Dublin and Singapore are at the heart of delivering Aon’s Data & Analytic Services team’s mission to: accelerate the rate of innovation through digital solutions to help better respond to clients’ evolving needs provide foundational data and analytics capabilities in one place for 50,000 Aon colleagues and our global clients who use our risk and people solutions
Established in 2012, there are over 150 colleagues in Singapore’s Centre today including actuaries, software developers, data scientists, financial analysts and accountants. We are expanding rapidly and looking for dedicated individuals who can leverage emerging technologies and collaborate across Aon’s solution lines to help clients and colleagues make better, data-driven decisions today and tomorrow.
ACIA’s Wealth Solutions team is currently looking for a Senior Application Developer to help expand the delivery capabilities of our analytics solutions, which serves the needs of the firm’s clients and investment consultants worldwide. This role provides great exposure to the business, and the opportunity to take part in product development/implementation, training and support.
- Work closely with product owner(s), investment analysts and other developers on the requirements, design and delivery of web-based analytics applications for the Investment Consulting domain.
- Design, develop and maintain performant, robust python and C# applications, APIs, with opportunities to work on database and related systems. Ensure on-time delivery and maintain proper documentations.
- Adhere to development/testing standards and processes.
- Enhance applications by identifying opportunities for on-going improvements, e.g. code refactoring and bug fixing.
- Take ownership of assigned tasks and ensure effective operation of business systems through Level 2/3 support of application incidents, code/data fixes, testing & release processes.
- Track and report on progress to local App Developer Lead and Product Owner(s)
- Leverage capabilities of Aon’s Data Analytics Service Platform and integrate our solutions with data engineering and data analytics tools.
- 4 - 7 years experience in a Full Stack Development role as part of a team.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent.
- Strong knowledge of frontend Java-script development framework and concepts, and experience with single page applications (SPAs) using browser-based technologies such as Type-script, React/Angular, High-chart, CSS, etc.
- Strong knowledge of .Net Framework, C#, Web API, asp.Net MVC, Asp.net Core, Entity Framework, etc.
- Strong knowledge in RDBMS (SQL Server 2012+) -SQL design & tuning, stored procedures.
- Strong knowledge of development best practices (Object-Oriented programming, Design patterns, DI containers, unit testing, etc.).
- Experience with Git, Jira, Agile Scrum, CI-CD concepts and tools (e.g. Team-city).
- Experience with Python is a big plus.
- Experience with ETL, data processing preferred.
- Demonstrable UI/UX design skills is a plus.
- Experience with AWS cloud services desirable: API Gateway, Batch, Lambda, S3 bucket, etc.
- Experience with Business Intelligence/Data Analytics/Data Visualization is a plus.
- Immersed in software development, staying up to date with current trends and able to translate those into suggestions and new ideas.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to multi-task and contribute significantly and effectively to the team’s commitments.
We Offer You
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience
Every day, our colleagues make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. Together, we share this one purpose: to empower economic and human possibility around the world. This unifying goal is at the heart of our identity, and it lives in everything we do. To learn more about our colleague experience, visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to creating a winning and inclusive culture where everyone feels valued and has opportunities for growth and development.