As an Application Developer, you will lead IBM into the future by translating system requirements into the design and development of customized systems in an agile environment. The success of IBM is in your hands as you transform vital business needs into code and drive innovation. Your work will power IBM and its clients globally, collaborating and integrating code into enterprise systems. You will have access to the latest education, tools and technology, and a limitless career path with the world’s technology leader. Come to IBM and make a global impact!
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an experienced GIS (Geographic Information System) Developer at IBM Global Business Services, you will deliver innovative client support and development through proactive optimisation and resolving issues, challenges and problems. You will leverage your subject matter expertise and experience to ensure successful services support delivery and client success. We will give you access to unique career opportunities, and a vast and diverse network of talented professionals.
The candidate we are seeking will use their extensive knowledge in the ESRI Product Suite to take a leading role in providing support and project services in Perth area.
This position involves analysing IT requirements for customer’s demand and implementing sound technical solutions implemented in accordance with the client’s requirements and IBM standards. Whilst, the position requires primarily GIS expertise, it is expected that the successful candidate has a thorough understanding of IT landscape: cloud, server, network, security, storage, systems management, integration, backup and recovery), it is expected that the GIS Developer also understands these technologies at a deeper level.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- More than 8 years’ experience working in ESRI GIS 10.x suite of products or similar versions, with rich knowledge in the following areas:
- ArcObjects/ArcFM Objects and C#.NET
- Deep expertise in solving ArcGIS for Enterprise, ArcGIS for Portal, ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Pro/Desktop and other related ArcGIS technologies.
- GIS expertise in Utilities Industry and related topology and mapping areas
- Experience in GIS Integration using APIs
- Strong Hands-on experience utilising ITIL principles
- Coordinate and work closely with other cross-functional team members both on/offshore
- Significant experience in conducting client workshops to understand and document new or changed business requirements.
- Excellent communication skills.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in working with the following platforms and tools:
- DevOps Skillset – Jira/Bitbucket/SonarQ
- Version control
- Strong production support & problem solving techniques
- Strong presentation skills
- ESRI Enterprise Certification(s).
- Client Relationship and engagement
- Team lead or project management aspirations in combination with a strong drive to further develop as a functional consultant
- Ambition, excellent leadership skills and a talent for building successful client relationships will be highly valued.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.