Service Sales Manager - AppDynamics
AppDynamics is the Application Intelligence company that is part of Cisco. With AppDynamics, enterprises have real-time insights into application performance, user performance and business performance so they can move faster in an increasingly sophisticated, software-driven world. Our integrated suite of products is built on our innovative, enterprise-grade App iQ Platform that enables our customers to make faster decisions that enhance customer engagement and improve operational and business performance. AppDynamics is uniquely positioned to enable enterprises to accelerate their digital transformations by actively monitoring, analyzing, and optimizing complex application environments at scale which has led to proven success and trust with the Global 2000.
About the Role
As a Services Sales Manager you help our customers unlock the value from AppDynamics through AppDynamics Customer Experience (CX) offerings. To do that, you establish and maintain strong relationships with our existing customers. The Services Sales Manager partners and collaborates with the software sales team, to identify, position and win Services opportunities. You drive a services sales cycle to a successful close in concert with the sales, legal and operations teams as well as technical and project management subject matter experts in services.
You will exemplify these traits
● Empathy – We connect at a human level with our customers, partners and colleagues and we can walk in their shoes
● Leadership – We demonstrate technology and thought leadership and guide our customers to success
● Creative – We always find a sustainable path to yes
● Trust – We trust each other, our customers and our colleagues outside of CX and we partner with them
● Technology – We sell software for technologists and we speak their language
● Curiosity – We strive to truly and intimately understand our customer’s business challenges and help solve them
Key responsibilities (What Do You Do?)
1. Responsible for Professional Services (Consulting/Education/Premium Support) bookings Quota achievement within a Territory or Region
2. Build and maintain strong, long-term relationships with AppDynamics customers and partners so that you understand the customer business goals, challenges and market opportunities and can identify new opportunities to meet them through AppDynamics CX offerings
3. Build close working relationships with AppDynamics Account Managers and Sales Leaders by articulating the value of AppDynamics Professional Services to help drive Customer Sucess.
4. Position AppDynamics Professional Services Offerings within a defined territory and against bookings targets by structuring proposals that address the customer business objectives
5. Write clear, unambiguous and concise statements of work and proposals which capture the customer business value objectives
6. Manage all elements of sales forecasting for a particular Territory/Region.
7. Drive all phases of the services sales cycle and successfully orchestrate customer as well as internal stakeholders (subject matter experts, sales, legal and operations) to get to a successful close
8. Keep abreast of the services capabilities and maintain a portfolio of success stories in order to connect the dots in the field and showcase relevant past experiences to prospective customers
9. Identify and cultivate opportunities to deliver value through services with existing accounts within the assigned territory
10. Collaborate with the CX offering team on defining new packages and update existing offering and collateral on the back of the experience in the field
Critical Experiences (What experiences do you Need?)
● Degree in Computer Science or similar technical field or in business disciplines
● 5+ years of services delivery experience (as a project manager, consultant or architect)
● 2+ years of services sales experience (customer facing proposals, estimates, Statements of Work or similar) as part of an enterprise software company
● Familiarity with services sales concept (T&M, Fixed fee, milestones, acceptance, NTE, scope, forcasting etc) and experience in navigating a negotiation and handling objections elegantly and with a desire to find a mutually acceptable solution
● Excellent customer interaction and presentation skills (ability to present to different audiences and bring the message across in a concise, professional manner)
● Ability to get to the core of the business problem at hand and develop a creative, elegant “path to yes” solution
● Consulting background and ability to persuade with a prescriptive approach that inspires trust and confidence.
● Strong command of the English language (written and spoken) with each additional language a plus
● Ability to travel
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re “old” (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do – you can’t put us in a box!
But “Digital Transformation” is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!