An established multinational logistics company is now looking for an Employee Communications Manager to manage the Employee Communications department in Asia Pacific Region. He/she will be working closely and reporting to the Corporate Employee Communications department.
The Communications Strategy Manager develops effective, innovative, and measurable communications strategies to support companywide goals and objectives. He/She is responsible for the creative development of multimedia deliverables to support communications initiatives and works to ensure the function’s communications priorities align with overall company objectives. This position manages others within the department.
- Develops and manages strategic communications plans
- Collaborates with team members, vendors, and other communications groups to develop plans/strategies in support of company priorities
- Identifies opportunities to integrate messaging with other communications plans to make them more impactful
- Researches industry trends (e.g., through networking, benchmarking, industry publications) to identify new methods for message delivery
- Identifies new opportunities to reach key audiences, including social media and emerging technology
- Negotiates with stakeholders to determine appropriate media mix to communicate key messages
- Presents options (e.g., methods to communicate message) to client stakeholders to obtain approvals for project budgets and deliverables
- Manages the development of communications deliverables from conception to completion to meet client specifications
- Works with team members to identify project milestones and coordinate schedules for campaign launches.
- Designs communication programs for multiple or diverse audiences; evaluates the effectiveness of communication programs and resolves complex or high impact communication issues
- Establishes financial targets and anticipates and proactively addresses budgeting issues;
- Develops project management plans and leads the implementation for moderately complex and medium duration projects
- Maintains strategic relationships with vendor leadership; reviews and selects vendors for contracts; creates vendor contracts; identifies and resolves vendor or contract issues; recommends changes to the procurement process.
- Minimum Bachelor degree in Communications / Marketing
- Minimum 5 years of Corporate Communications experiences, either in-house or in an agency environment
- Demonstrate ability to successfully apply the project management discipline and possess crisis management experience
- Good influencing and negotiation skills and able to identify/remove barriers to agreements and wins concessions effectively
- Impeccable English writing skills, candidate must be able to develop creative approaches, both in writing and method, to connect with audiences and apply cultural sensitivity when making decisions on business issues in different countries or geographical regions
- Possess strong communications (written, verbal and presentation) skills in English
- Ability to read and speak Mandarin will be advantageous