We’re looking for a Senior Android Engineer to help design and build products on the PayPal Android Consumer App.
At PayPal, we work together as small, collaborative teams. We’re passionate about code quality and we’re constantly finding new ways to perfect our processes and product.
You will be a member of a full stack team and will be working on products that are directly linked to PayPal’s vision of serving the underbanked population.
We work closely with our design, content, and product teams to build, test, and iterate on new solutions to customers’ problems. We have dedicated teams to support our Continuous Integration, Quality and Release processes. All this results in your code being published in an update to the App Store at least once every 3 weeks.
- Convert ideas, designs and requirements into concrete, stable production builds
- Works with product, project, and engineering teams to deliver products on schedule that solve our customers’ problems
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of application.
- Perform detailed analysis and technical designs, create technical documents and be active participate in design reviews.
- Code, test, integrate, document and release software adhering to technical and quality standards
- Develops and communicates technical processes, standards, and best practices to the team
Required Technical Skills:
- Strong knowledge of Android SDK, different versions of Android, and how to deal with different screen sizes
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Sound knowledge on RESTful and GraphQL APIs.
- Proficient in Git and familiarity with continuous integration.
- A team player who values collaboration, innovation, and inclusion
- Interested in keeping up to date with the latest technological developments
- Comfortable working in an Agile environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge on web apps development and Java will be an added advantage.