Discover the Unexpected
Experian is the world’s leading global information services company. We are listed on the London Stock Exchange (EXPN) and are a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. We’re passionate about unlocking the power of data in order to transform lives and create opportunities for consumers, businesses and society. For more than 125 years, we’ve helped businesses grow, consumers and small businesses gain access to financial services, and economies and communities flourish – and we’re not done.
Our 18k amazing employees in 40+ countries believe the possibilities for you, and the world, are growing. We’re investing in the future, through new technologies, talented people and innovation so we can help create a better tomorrow.
To do this we employ the greatest and brightest minds that share our purpose and want to make a difference. Experian Asia Pacific's culture, people and environments are key differentiators. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, flexible working, development, equity, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on. We’re committed to fostering a strong sense of belonging and a place where you can bring your true self to work.
We’re an award winning organisation due to our strong people first focus. This includes Top Employer™ and Great Place To Work™ accreditations.
We are looking for an experienced Account Director to join our Credit Services team in Melbourne. You will be responsible for the growth and engagement of a named Banking and Financial Services portfolio including new business development and renewals of existing business. This role will suit a savvy sales professional, a hunter not farmer, who is comfortable selling tailored data solutions involving our broad suite of credit products, data, analytics and expert consulting.
Experian Australia Credit Services provides consumer data intelligence and insights to organisations to help them manage the risks associated with extending credit and preventing fraud. Experian has developed core expertise in building and managing very large and comprehensive databases containing the credit applications and repayment histories of Australian consumers.
What you’ll need to bring to the party
- You will be responsible for delivering an agreed revenue target by working closely with our clients and prospects to understand their requirements and identify ways in which we can help them achieve their commercial objectives
- You will need to be agile in every conversation and curious in your questioning to understand challenges, requirements and opportunities. Long story short - We’re looking for a dynamic individual who possess an innately curious mind, creative thinking, strong sales methodology and a desire to grow and develop.
What you’ll be doing
- Intelligently prospect for new potential clients to create and drive revenue within a specified territory
- Establish relationships, understand client business drivers and sell new CS solutions to identified targets within assigned territory.
- Manage all opportunities through to closure of the deal
- Self Starter, able to work remotely with minimum management oversight. Able to organize time to focus on activities that will deliver most benefit for Experian.
- Be instrumental in achieving positive bidding outcomes and the accomplishment of yearly quota of sales with targeted customers
- Manage your performance and take responsibility for self-development in line with personal and Company objectives
- Champion Experian values
Maintaining a Client Focus
- Build, maintain and expand the relationship with key contacts within accounts in order to build trust and use that as a base to grow revenue.
- Deliver exceptional Client Focus, targeting industry leading Net Promoter Score achievement.
- Become a Trusted Advisor and go-to Subject Matter Expert for your Clients, participating in the development of key solutions to make their business more successful
More about you
- Proven new business sales records
- Strong experience dealing with the financial, utility and telecommunication sectors.
- Commercial Awareness
- Hunger and persistence for sales and success
- Advanced communication, presentation and listening skills
- Strong time management and organisation skills
- Confidence and takes ownership
- A consultative and approachable manner
- Strong influencing skills
- Strong problem solving ability
- Structure and logical approach
- Preferably university degree qualified or hold relevant commercial experience
- Experian is a leading global information services company, providing data and analytical tools to clients around the world. We help organisations to manage credit risk, prevent fraud, target marketing offers and automate decision making. Experian also helps individuals to check their credit report and credit score and protect against identity theft.
- Clients around the world look to Experian to help them make the right customer decisions and to effectively manage those relationships for sustained growth and profitability. From increasing profitability to reducing bad debt, to improving customer loyalty and minimising operational costs, we help our clients understand what matters most about their customers so that they can effectively manage risk and increase their overall portfolio value.
Culture at Experian
Our uniqueness is that we truly value yours.
Experian Asia Pacific's culture, people and environments are key differentiators. We take our people agenda very seriously. We focus on what truly matters; diversity and inclusion, work/life balance, development, engagement, collaboration, wellness, reward & recognition, volunteering... the list goes on.
We’re an award winning organisation due to our strong people focus.
Experian Asia Pacific isn't just growing, we're leveraging cutting edge data science, inclusion and start-up mindsets to build tomorrow's credit solutions. Innovation is a critical part of Experian's DNA and culture.